A classic Tyrolean Alpine tour featuring 5-nights in the Austrian Tyrol with fun and fascinating excursions designed to show you the best of this incredibly scenic part of the World.
Day 1: We travel south and take the Eurotunnel to Calais. From here, we head to our first overnight stop in Belgium.
Day 2: We cross over the border into Germany for an overnight stop.
Day 3: We reach our main destination in the Austrian Tyrol where we stay for 5 nights.
Days 4: A free day to relax and explore the small tourist resort of Kirchberg
Days 5: A day trip to the beautiful city of Salzburg. Our route past the Berchtesgaden National Park has some enchanting scenery and along the way we stop a while in the grounds of Schloss Hellbrunn Palace – made famous by the Vonn Trapp family.
Days 6: Features the Steam Cog Railway from Jenbach to Seepitz then a 2-hour cruise on Lake Achensee including coffee and cake
Days 7: Today we enjoy a trip with gorgeous vistas on the independently-run Zillertal Railway – from Fugen we travel 32 kilmometres to Mayrhofen with some live music on the train along the way!
We also enjoy some free time in Innsbruck – the capital city of Tyrol.
Day 8: We start our journey home with an overnight stop in northern France.
Day 9: To Calais for Eurotunnel or Ferry back to England and continuing homeward bound.
- We reserve the right to use Ferry in place of Eurotunnel for cross channel crossing due to circumstances beyond our control
- Running order of days out may change due to the availability of attractions.
- It is a condition of this holiday that you have taken out appropriate travel insurance cover.
Price includes; 8 nights D/B/B basis with coach travel, channel crossings and included excursions as shown. Single room supplement £130
Note; some destinations in Europe impose a small Tourist Tax which is to be paid locally directly to the hotelier by the passenger.
Fringed by mountains and dominated by a quaint Austrian church, the village of Kirchberg is as pretty as a postcard, and the hotel is just short walk from the village centre and Skiing resort.
All rooms are clean and comfortable, with balconies for sitting out in the evening and enjoying the views, as well as all the usual facilities.
- Comfortable ensuite guest rooms with shower and/or bath
- Guest rooms have satellite TV, telephone, hairdryer, safe and a balcony
- Buffet breakfast and set dinner menu
- Packed lunches provided for day trips
- Complimentary cakes and refreshments each afternoon
- Free tea and coffee between 07.30hrs and 22.00hrs daily
- Complimentary local beer, wine and lemonade from 10.00hrs through to 22.00hrs daily
- Complimentary local spirits from 20.00hrs to 22.00hrs every night
- Farmers Buffet and entertainment evening
- Hotel sauna and infrared cabin
Points to note;
- All passengers are required to have travel insurance* cover for this holiday full details of the cover we offer can be seen on our website or feel free to arrange cover independently
- Some European destinations impose a modest tourist tax to be paid directly to the hotel by all guests
- Overnight hotels on the outward and return journeys are often motel-style (they might be a lower star-rating than the main hotel) and may not have a lift
- Please be aware holidays that include walking & guided tours may often involve uneven ground (cobbled streets, etc.) and steps, and therefore are not suitable for persons with mobility issues.
- Terms and conditions apply – see website or main brochure for details